How To Use Flower Essences
Posted: May 20th, 2011
by Jane Bell
Essences can be used in wildly creative ways. Here are some suggestions to encourage you to experiment:
• Add to herbal tinctures to augment the benefits. Ex: if you are taking a tincture to help you sleep, add Dandelion to help your muscles relax or Aquamarine to calm your mind.
• Combination formulas such as Soul Support or Guardian can be put in your water bottle daily for protection and support. This will not conflict with your personal formula that you take regularly during the day.
• Baths, hot tubs and footbaths are blank canvases for infinite creativity. Ex: to feel deeply nourished try Emerald, Grove Sandwort and Chalice Well. An energizing bath might be Fireweed, Fire Opal, Opal and Solstice Sun.
• Massage oils, lotions, body creams, shampoo and facial products become enlivened when you add essences. Many ultra sensitive clients use Guardian in their shampoo and body lotions to add an extra layer of protection before starting their day. Fluorite, Dandelion and Smoky Quartz in massage oils help break up constrictions and release toxins.
• Columbine and Gold are wonderful in face creams to enhance self-appreciation and self-radiance, which allows our natural beauty to shine.
• Essences on bandages and compresses can speed wound healing. Try Self Heal, Rhodolite Garnet, and Soul Support after surgery.
• SPRAYS!!! Enliven your environment and everything in it! Especially good in treatment rooms, hotels, rental cars, hospitals, and when traveling.
• Use Purification in your wash water for your laundry, car or home.
• Transform your environment by putting essences in house paint. When I painted my house I put several environmental essences in and the house came alive. A local school added Bunchberry when painting the library and the librarian said the kids were quiet and studying!!!
• Soul Support in vases of cut flowers makes them last much longer.
• Place a few drops of an essence on a crystal and it will broadcast the energies of the essences into your environment.
• Essences in a bowl of water or fountain can uplift, inspire, energize and nourish.
• Use on space clearing tools such as drums, rattles, feathers, chimes, crystal bowls and tuning forks.
• Have your acupuncturist put essences on meridian points or on the needles before inserting.
• I have put essences in “bubble stuff” for kids, especially if there is upset between siblings. As they play they heal!
• Guardian sprayed on clothes when you iron gives you a sense of protection and privacy.
• Try using Moschatel, Peridot, Grove Sandwort and Soul Support when transplanting in your garden. Mist over the new transplants, put drops in the watering can and sprayer for use in foliar feeding.
• In food, a friend makes raw fudge and adds essences for various purposes.
• One musician friend puts a dab of essences on her harp strings to send the healing blessings.
• Drops of essences or bottles placed on a photo along with prayer can send much needed healing energy to someone you care about. Excellent support during birth, death and medical procedures for animals and humans.
• Send a vibrational message, spray correspondence such as invitations, birthday cards, love letters, promotional pieces and advertisements. I placed Star Sapphire on a notice requesting a rental and it came quickly.
• Animals appreciate being petted with flower essences on your hands! Who wouldn’t?
• Events: Make a special formula for birthdays – a flower, gem and environmental essence that represent the lessons and gifts for the coming year.
• Test yourself for essences when there are time changes, seasonal shifts, during expansion experiences and transitions of all sorts.
Jane Bell is a Flower Essence practitioner, teacher and researcher with over 25 years of experience, and is co-producer of the Alaskan Essences. She has a highly developed capacity for seeing into the heart of nature and teaching others to open to the love, support and healing wisdom of the natural world. Jane is also a pioneer is the field of Energetic Architecture and has recently prepared essences in Bali and Hawaii. www.janebellessences.com